Virtual meeting with Goya and Gaudi candidates
Next Thursday January 14th at 7pm we will have a virtual meeting with some of the graduates candidates for the Goya and Gaudí Awards to learn about their experience.
There are different paths that have led our graduates to be present in the shortlist for the main awards of our cinematography; in some cases it is the End of Degree Project, in others a second short film already out of school; the result of an international exchange program, the first work done in one of the ESCAC Labs or the debut film after studying the Master in Film Direction. All of them will talk about their time at the school, their jump into the industry and their next projects.
- Carmen Aumedes with MARLEN NO MARLENI. Corto de ficción candidato al Gaudí.
- Adrià Guxens with NO CREO QUE VAYA A LLOVER. Corto documental candidato al Gaudí.
- Abel Carbajal with EL GRAN CORELLI. Corto de animación candidato al Goya.
- Paco Ruíz and Gerard Rodríguez with MARÍA. Corto de ficción candidato al Goya.
- David Pérez Sañudo and Elena Maeso with ANE. Ópera Prima candidata al Goya.
- Lio Estivill with MALASAÑA 32. Candidata al Goya a Mejor VFX.
In this edition of the Goya Awards, to be held on March 6, 2021, there are a total of 56 candidacies for graduates of the school, in addition to the 6 short films that were announced in the first place. The nominations, scheduled for January 11th, have been postponed until Monday, January 18th.
In the edition of the Gaudí Awards, whose final nominations will be announced on January 28, there are a total of four short films produced by the school among the candidate works.
To date, our graduates have achieved more than 40 nominations in the technical categories and 22 Goya Awards, highlighting especially the three obtained in the category of new direction (J.A Bayona in 2008, Mar Coll in 2010, Kike Maíllo in 2012 and Belén Funes in 2020).
In Catalonia, ESCAC graduates have won 46 Gaudí Awards, and in its eleven editions, we have nominees in most technical categories.
The session will take place via ZOOM next Thursday, January 14th at 7pm. * This session will be recorded and may be used for communication purposes.