You will be able to direct audiovisual works in any format through a highly practical course.
The Master’s Degree in Film Directing provides students with the knowledge and techniques required to direct audiovisual works in any format.
Students will learn about the director’s job and perform this role and the ones of the other members of the direction department during the preproduction, shooting and postproduction processes. They will also learn about the tasks performed by other members of an audiovisuals production team: director of photography, art director, editor, sound designer, etc.
All this knowledge and skills will be acquired through continued practical work in audiovisual narrative exercises. This practice will be complemented by master classes and theoretical seminars.
- Knowledge of and the ability to use audiovisual language mechanisms to tell a story.
- The capacity to carry out the work of a director when producing audiovisual work: planning, implementing and supervising the different production processes.
- Knowledge of and the ability to carry out the work of the other members of the direction team.
- Enough theoretical and practical knowledge of the work performed by the other departments involved in producing audiovisual work (cinematography, art directing, editing, sound, etc.).
- The ability to work as a team to produce audiovisual work, collaborating with the other crew members and heading a joint project.
- Being mature and having strict analytical standards in self-assessing the work performed, both personally and as a team.
University graduates in Audiovisual Communication, Fine Arts and other university degrees related to the audiovisual field.
Professionals from the film or audiovisual sector who wish to learn more about filmmaking.
Course applicants must pass a selection process and meet the administrative requirements to study in Spain.
The school does not require you to have a certificate of competency in English but you must be fluent in written and spoken English.
Applicants must send the following documents:
- Statement (maximum 600 words)
Please use the application form below and send it to email@example.com. Make sure you answer all of the required questions and provide a phone number and email address for us to contact you.